- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
- Jun. 28, 2017 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2016” Award
- Mar. 31, 2017 Anti-Corrosion Processing with Titanium Foil Is Adopted for a Steel Lighthouse for the Japan Coast Guard
- Feb. 28, 2017 NSSMC starts branding development of TranTixxii™ designing titanium products Demonstrating superior material characteristics and elegance
- Feb. 27, 2017 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2016 for Fifth Consecutive Year
Civil Engineering and Ocean Development
The various titanium cladding process methods developed by our group are broadly adopted not only for new marine construction but also for the repair of currently existing social infrastructure such as coastal bridges, piers, and revetments.
- Cladding the surface with titanium foil or a thin plate with excellent corrosion resistance elongates the lifetime and reduces maintenance cost for construction.
- Our titanium foil construction method uses thin 0.1-mm titanium foil, ensuring excellent workability. This method is applicable not only for covering the entire surface, but also for the repair of rusting portion only.
Exposure test results
- Results of 12-year exposure test under severe coastal environment
Application and adoption examples
The TP (Titanium Petrolatum) construction method that was adopted for corrosion-resistant cladding of pier posts
The TP (Titanium Petrolatum) construction method that was adopted for the 11th Region under the jurisdiction of the Japan Coast Guard (light beacon on Kohama Island)
Titanium foil attachiment under painting method (construction example)
Titanium foil (sample)
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of NSSMC. We appreciate your understanding.