- Jul. 30, 2018 Execution of Strategic Partnership with BP Oman
- Jul. 30, 2018 "The beauty of distinctive gradations make people feel nature" was posted.
- Jul. 26, 2018 VAM® 21 HT CLEANWELL® DRY ST First Running
- Jul. 19, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) holds an Opening Ceremony
- Jun. 27, 2018 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2017” Award
- May. 29, 2018 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2017 for Sixth Consecutive Year
- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
Commercially pure titanium and Titanium alloys for mufflers
For their excellent properties, the titanium alloy products and commercially pure titanium products we have developed for mufflers using our original chemical composition series are widely adopted for motorcycles and automobiles. Additionally, thin sheets of commercially pure titanium are used for fuel tanks of motorcycles.
- Our titanium alloys for muffler Super-TIXTM 10CU, 10CUNB, and 10CSSN were developed based on our original chemical composition sereies with copper (Cu) added to them.
They have both excellent cold workability similar to pure titanium and much better heat resistance.
High-temperature oxidation resistance
- Our original alloys indicates excellent oxidation resistance to be required in parts used in exhaust systems.
- In a 700°C atmosphere, our original alloys Super-TIXTM 10CU, 10CUNb, indicate about 50%, and 10CSSN indicates 80% higher high-temperature strength than commercially pure titanium, respectively.
High-temperature fatigue resistance
- At 600°C and 700°C atmosphere, Super-TIXTM 10CU, 10CUNb indicates approximately 100%, and 10CSSN indicates 200% higher fatigue resistance than commercially pure titanium, respectively.
Application and adoption examples
Mufflers of NISSAN GT-R (Super-TIXTM 10CU)
Mufflers of endurance race motorcycles (Super-TIXTM 10CUNB)
Aftermarket mufflers (Super-TIXTM 10CUNB)
Mufflers of SUZUKI sport motorcycle GSX-R1000 (Super-TIXTM 10CU)
Fuel tanks of HONDA off-road motorcycle CRF450R (TP270C)
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of NSSMC. We appreciate your understanding.