- Apr. 25, 2018 Steel Wires Joint Venture Company for Cold Heading and Forging in USA (NSCI) Starts Commercial Production
- Apr. 17, 2018 Strengthening Supply System for Ultra-high-tensile Steel Sheets New CGL to be installed at Kimitsu Works
- Feb. 27, 2018 Nippon Steel & Sumikin Crankshaft, NSSMC’s manufacturing and sales subsidiary of crankshafts in the U.S., earns Diamond Supplier Award from Navistar
- Aug. 04, 2017 NSSMC’s proprietary titanium product TranTixxii™ is adopted for cladding of a theater in Jiangsu Province, China
- Jun. 28, 2017 NSSMC and Standard Steel Receive TTX “Excellent Supplier 2016” Award
- Mar. 31, 2017 Anti-Corrosion Processing with Titanium Foil Is Adopted for a Steel Lighthouse for the Japan Coast Guard
- Feb. 28, 2017 NSSMC starts branding development of TranTixxii™ designing titanium products Demonstrating superior material characteristics and elegance
- Feb. 27, 2017 NSSMC Named a Top 100 Global Innovator in 2016 for Fifth Consecutive Year
Characteristics by Category
Railway wheels backed by long record of actual results and high reliability are extensively adopted in railway operations worldwide.
High-speed railway wheels need to withstand train speeds of more than 300 km/h, and subway and urban train railway wheels face increasingly severe use conditions attributable to higher acceleration and braking performances of trains. NSSMC produces railway wheels employing world's highest level cleanliness steel and advanced hot-forming, processing and inspection technologies. These wheels with long record of actual results has acquired high reliability from railway companies overseas.
Automobile and construction machinery crankshafts meet wide-ranging global needs.
Crankshafts govern engine function and fuel consumption. NSSMC not only has a wide range of size variations in die forging products for passenger cars, trucks, buses, and construction machinery; we also provide solutions that contribute to engine downsizing and weight reduction. Further, we are working on improving the product quality and production capability of our overseas manufacturing bases to establish a system that's ready to deliver our products globally.
Construction and industrial machinery
The world's strongest permanent magnet retarder is an unrivaled product developed through original leading-edge technology.
Less exhaust gas emissions and weight reduction are needed for large-size trucks and buses to respond to exhaust gas emissions regulations. NSSMC jointly with truck makers has promoted study on application method for the world's strongest permanent magnet to successfully develop a permanent magnet retarder (auxiliary brake) unrivaled in the world. NSSMC magnet retarder allows downsizing and lighter weight of retarders compared to the conventional retarder, and further realizes maintenance-free of retarder and long service life of peripheral devices. Its application is increasing overseas as well.
Rolling mill rolls for steel and nonferrous metals, to support manufacturing.
Rolling mill rolls for steel and nonferrous metals are indispensable for manufacturing. We provide high quality rolling mill rolls by employing outstanding forging technology. We make the most of our unique know-how, and meet customer needs by bringing together R&D, manufacturing, technology services, and sales to work as a team.
For further product information
Product Quotes, and inquiries without complete information required in inquiry form may not be responded to. Selection of inquiries for reply online is at the sole discretion of NSSMC. We appreciate your understanding.