Respect for Human Rights and Promoting Diversity
Respect for human rights
NSSMC is in the business of creating and delivering valuable and attractive products and ideas, by respecting our employees’ diverse views and individualities and utilizing them. The NSSMC Group set the NSSMC Group Conduct Code. By adhering to its nine principles, NSSMC conducts business ethically, while paying full heed to human rights issues arising with the increasing globalization of the economy.
Corporate philosophy and Employee Action Guidelines
Following the merger, the NSSMC Group Corporate Principles were adopted. It consists of the “basic principles,” which articulate the meaning of the existence of the NSSMC Group and represent our most important values, and “management principles,” which shows our management’s important stance and policies in realizing such values. Moreover, in order to realize our corporate philosophy, Employee Action Guidelines were established to serve as the basis of individual employee’s attitude, stance, and judgment.
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation Group will pursue world-leading technologies and manufacturing capabilities, and contribute to society by providing excellent products and services.
- 1.We continue to emphasize the importance of integrity and reliability in our actions.
- 2.We provide products and services that benefit society, and grow in partnership with our customers.
- 3.We pursue world-leading technologies and manufacturing capabilities.
- 4.We continually anticipate and address future changes, innovate from within, and pursue unending progress.
- 5.We develop and bring out the best in our people to make our Group rich with energy and enthusiasm.
Employee Action Guidelines
What we strive for:
Creativity, Innovation and Growth
We constantly seek self-improvement, pursue ambitious goals with enthusiasm, and continuously challenge ourselves to do better.
What we value most:
Self-empowerment, Workplace and Essentiality
We observe rules, keep our promises and pierce to the heart of matters by actively investigating the facts.
What we encourage:
Dialogue, Collaboration and Sharing of Knowledge
We build mutual trust through dialogue and collaboration, and seek to pass on our spirit and skills to the next generation.
We will be guided by these principles, and act fairly and equitably throughout the world.